- This policy describes how Megarider protects your privacy.
Our commitment to your privacy
We respect your right to privacy and your right to view and update
your personal information which we hold about you. We are committed
to protecting your privacy when you visit our site or contact
us in any way. As such, MegaRider complies with the relevant
provisions of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
You may visit the free parts of our site without identifying
yourself in any way.
Your personal information
Some MegaRider services may only be accessed by becoming a MegaRider
subscriber. If you become a MegaRider subscriber, you will need
to provide us with certain personal information, including:
your name and county you ride in;
- your email address
For other transactions we may require:
- Your residential or postal address;
- Your contact telephone number(s)
- (collectively, "your personal information").
Collecting your personal information
We collect and use personal information about you to:
Supply what you want or give you the access you need: for example,
if you want to subscribe to MegaRider or our magazines, or purchase
any other product from us; receive one of our email newsletters;
or contact us;
- To administer your subscription efficiently;
- Conduct market research surveys;
- Tell you about our new products and services;
- Protect the rights or property of MegaRider or any MegaRider
Changing your personal information
You have the right to view and change any personal information
we hold about you at any time.
Please contact us
if you wish to do so.
Storing your personal information
We will not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information
to any third party unless:
- We need to do so to provide you with the content, service or
features you have requested;
- We are completing financial transactions with our bank;
- We need to do so to protect the rights or property of MegaRider
or any MegaRider user;
- We are required to do so by law.
Collecting site usage information
We monitor site usage by analysing aggregated user information.
This helps us improve the Site to give you the information, services
and features you want. This information is aggregated and does
not identify you individually.
We may monitor the number of successful logins on each subscriber
user name. This allows us to identify potential abuse or unauthorised
use of the Site.
If you are a MegaRider subscriber, we may contact you to:
- Clarify details about your subscription or purchase decisions;
- Advise you of changes to our services or new products or promotions;
- Respond to any enquiries you make; or
- Provide any information necessary for the operation and security
of our Site.
- Email newsletters
All MegaRider subscribers receive our riding skills newsletter.
All Site users can 'opt-in' to receive this.
You may choose to remove yourself from the email newsletter mailing
list, by contacting us here.
Links to other websites
MegaRider may provide links to other websites when we consider
you may be interested in the content on those sites. We do not
necessarily endorse those sites or their content and we have
no control over the conduct of the companies or organisations
operating those sites.
Before you disclose any personal information to another site,
we advise you to check its terms and conditions, including its
MegaRider is committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with
any complaint you make about your privacy.
or your privacy has been violated, please email us immediately.
Please include your email address or a daytime telephone number
where we can contact you.